What is a free bet?
January 11, 2023
A free bet is a type of promotion offered by online sports betting or gambling sites. Essentially, a free bet is a specified amount of money the site will give to a player to wager on a specific event or market without the player having to put any of their own money on the line.
The player will then be able to keep any winnings they earn from the free bet, but they will not be able to withdraw the actual free bet amount. It is an excellent way for players to try the site and their services and test the water with a risk-free wager. Some areas may have terms and conditions, such as a time limit for use and minimum odds of the bet.
How does a free bet work?
A free bet typically works as follows:
- A player signs up for a new account with an online sports betting or gambling site that is offering a free bet promotion.
- The player will then be required to make a deposit, or fulfill certain criteria like placing a bet or meeting a certain turnover, to qualify for the free bet.
- Once the player has fulfilled the requirements for the free bet, the site will credit the free bet amount to the player's account.
- The player can then use the free bet to wager on a specific event or market.
- If the player's bet wins, they will be able to keep the winnings, but not the free bet amount itself.
- If the player's bet loses, they will not lose any of their own money.
- There may be certain terms and conditions attached to the free bet, such as a time limit for use or minimum odds requirements.